Floating Bathroom Vanity: Pros, Cons and TipsOlivia
When it comes to creating the perfect luxury bathroom, one of the most important design elements is your vanity. Choosing between vanities can be daunting, so before you start shopping around for your ideal fixture, it’s important to understand the difference between bathroom vanity designs, styles shapes and sizes. Floating bathroom vanities are among the most popular design choices among home-owners, designers and contractors. In this blogpost we will discuss and explain what is a floating bathroom vanity actually is.
What Is a Floating Bathroom Vanity?
A floating vanity is a kind of vanity that is attached to the wall. Unlike freestanding vanities, these cabinets need to be wall mounted, so they can appear to be floating. Floating bathroom vanities are also sometimes called wall-hung or wall-mounted bathroom vanities. These vanities come in variety of different shapes, sizes and styles. You are sure to find a floating bathroom vanity for your unique bathroom design.
Pros and Cons of Floating Vanities
Every design aspect has its advantages and some disadvantages. If you’er planning to opt for a floating vanity for your bathroom, you should consider the pros and cons.
- Space saving – Floating bathroom vanities take up less space, making them ideal for small bathrooms.
- Clean lines – Wall-hung and wall-mounted bathroom vanities have minimal designs which give a sleek look to any bathroom.
- Easy accessibility – Since they are hung on the wall, floating bathroom vanities make it easier to clean underneath and around them compared to floor standing models that may be difficult to move in tight spaces.
- Versatility – Wall-mounted vanity units can come with drawers or without giving you the option of designing your own storage solution depending on your needs and preferences.
- Cost savings –Floating bathroom vanities tend to cost less than traditional floor models as they require fewer materials during manufacturing process and are installed more quickly due to their simple design and lack of bulky parts like legs or feet .
- Modern style – Thanks to their modern appearance, floating dressing tables bring an updated touch into any type of interior decor while helping you stay organized with sophisticated storage solutions hidden behind drawers or doors .
- Increased ventilation – Since there is no obstruction between the bottom of the vanity unit and the ground level, air circulates better resulting in improved ventilation.
- Limited storage space: Floating bathroom vanities generally have less storage than a traditional vanity set-up, which can make it more difficult to store items like shampoo bottles and toilet brushes.
- Installation difficulties: Installing a floating bathroom vanity is more complicated and time consuming than installing a regular one, as you need to ensure the weight of the vanity is evenly dispersed across your walls and floor joists for proper support and stability.
Tips for Designing a Floating Bathroom Vanity
- Consider the sink and faucet placement when selecting a wall-hung bathroom vanity
- Secure your floating bathroom vanity into the wall for proper support
- Choose materials that are easy to clean and maintain
- Make sure there is enough countertop space for toiletries, towels, and other items
- Install bathroom lighting around or above your wall-mounted bathroom vanity to highlight its beauty
Floating bathroom vanities are a great way to add modern style to any bathroom. Whether you’re looking for a floating double sink vanity or wall-hung single sink vanity, there is sure to be something out there that fits your needs perfectly. Not only do these types of vanities look amazing, but they also provide storage space while freeing up floor space in the process. With so many options on the market today, it has never been easier to find the perfect floating bathroom vanity for your home!
If you are planning to get a floating bathroom vanity, check our great selection. If you would like learn more about or products and benefit from Anve Kitchen and bath’s free design consultation services, give us a call today to get started!